This hearty and surprisingly low-calorie caprese pork is the perfect way to eat healthier this new year.
If you are like many other Americans, then you have set a resolution to eat healthier this new year. However, with temperatures still cold and the weather still gloomy, the last thing you want to chow down on is a sad bowl of lettuce. Fortunately, these caprese pork chops are a great way to feel full and comforted with far fewer calories.
Caprese Pork Chops
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 ½ tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless center-cut pork chops
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup freshly chopped basil leaves
- 2 large red tomatoes, sliced
- balsamic glaze, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a large bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Add pork chops and toss until fully coated. Transfer to the fridge to marinate, at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil then add pork chops. Sear until golden, 4 minutes, flip and cook 4 minutes more.
- Top each pork chop with sliced mozzarella. Place skillet in oven and cook until pork is cooked through and cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. Top with sliced tomato and basil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
These tasty pork chops are a great way to eat healthier this new year. Are you looking for assistance with your business insurance this year? If so, then contact the experts at PMC Insurance Group. Our dedicated team is eager to assist you with all your commercial coverage needs today.