Whip up this festively green recipe to celebrate this Saint Patrick’s Day.
Saint Patrick’s Day is nearly here! While most people celebrate this holiday by donning their favorite green clothing, you should take your celebration to the next level by serving up this festively green recipe.
Green Pea Pesto Penne with Shrimp
- 1 454 g box penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. frozen shrimp defrosted (about 40 shrimp)
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
For Green Pea Pesto
- 2 cups peas
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In food processor, combine all ingredients for pesto, using a spatula if necessary to scrape down sides until blended. Alternatively, you could do this in a high-powered blender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and prepare veggies and shrimp. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on med-high heat. Add shrimp and peppers, sautéing for 2-3 min. Add sundried tomatoes, cooked pasta and pea pesto. Toss until combined, and cook for 5 min until mixture is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve up this tasty, and festively green recipe to welcome Saint Patrick’s Day. Are you looking for assistance with your small business insurance this holiday? We at PMC Insurance Group are experts on small business insurance and can help you get the coverage you need. Contact us today to learn more about getting competitive coverage for your small business clients.